Friday, February 15, 2013

The One Where We Meet Max

Okay my lovelies! It's reward time! Because you all are awesome, and we hit 1500 likes on my Facebook page, it's time for another teaser from FAKING IT!


This time I've picked something from Max's POV. Here's what the FAKING IT cover copy says about her:

Mackenzie “Max” Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they’re expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade.

For Cade's book, I purposely wanted someone very different from Bliss. Where Bliss was tentative and funny, Max is bold and sarcastic and hardened. She doesn't over-think things, and in fact, sometimes doesn't think through her actions at all. Well, enough of me blabbing about her. Time for her to say hello.

Here's a brief snippet from FAKING IT: 



Cade coughed, and then groaned. I moved closer and wrapped an arm around his waist. His hard body pressed into mine, and the heat of him seeped into my skin. His brown eyes met mine, and there were volumes written in his expression. Those volumes contained words that terrified me, but I couldn’t look away.
"I'm sorry," he said. His eyes closed, and he teetered towards me. His forehead pressed into my temple in a gesture that felt sweet and familiar. He swallowed, and I could feel every imperceptible change in his body.
I held tighter to him and asked, "What could you possibly have to be sorry for?"
"I'm getting blood on you."
I laughed. "Only you would apologize for something like that, Golden Boy."
His eyes were open again, and they locked on mine. He wasn’t laughing. He shook his head. "I meant I was sorry for kissing you."
With his forehead pressed against mine, the sight of him filled up my vision. There was nothing else in that moment, but him. And he… he reminded me of music. Of the way singing made me feel. Like I was falling and flying, freedom and fear.
Without thinking it through, I said, “Don’t be. I’m not.” 

I'll release another teaser when we hit 2000 likes! And I've already got a good one in mind. :)

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this book. I just finished reading Losing It again. I cannot wait to see what else you can think up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing snippet:) Congrats on getting so many FB likes. Cool post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh, i love this scene! gawwwh, *throws hands in the air* can i just have this book already!? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. *drool drool*
    cant wait for the book :) <3 <3
    loooved losing it

    ReplyDelete